Windows 8.1 Update/Upgrade Error Fix

Windows 8.1 upgrade was issued to OEM windows 8 customers recently by Microsoft. But the upgrade was interrupted by many bugs and errors.
Some of the errors  are
  • 0x80240016
  • WindowsUpdate_80240016


Little story first !!

Got my dell inspiron recently and got a notification on windows store that a free upgrade is offered and upgrade size was around 2.5GB. Hooked it to a high speed LAN with 10Mbps internet service, and clicked on UPDATE . Nothing happened. Tried again, got an error. Annoyed, frustrated, tried everything found on internet. Eventually my store was crashed and i couldn't start it again.

How i solved the problem?

As i told earlier, tried everything from internet and eventually broke my windows 8 store. I went to settings and restore my OS completely. This time before doing upgrade, 

  • I completely updated my windows 8 and restarted it
    (Please note :Its restart, not shut down and turn on)
  • I didn't install any antivirus as i suspected it was blocking me from downloading.
  • I clicked on upgrade and voila, upgrade process started (Download started)

Did I solve the problem completely?

I got windows 8.1 installation and i couldn't get past the key verification screen and i had to call on the toll free number given for telephone support. They gave me a new key, analyzing my system code the 8.1 upgrade module was showing.

In a matter of 10 minutes, my system began to run windows 8.1



There are many other possible issues/error codes shown. The solution is applicable only to those error codes stated above.
I would come up with a solution to other error codes shown which didn't even start the ISO download


Thanks
Vighnesh Aravind




comments powered by Disqus