SONY Fake International Warranty Promises - A Real Experience


This is a narration for Mr.Abhilah J

"I purchased a SONY XPERIA MIRO before 6 months from Kuwait and my story starts. That is what caused the problem it seems.At first, the device was excellent and stood upto the expectations. At the time of purchase, i got an international warranty card also. This made be believe sony is really Make.Believe"


"I am currently residing in india and recently,the device is unstable on networks, and the range drops suddenly to zero and i have to reboot the phone all-over for it to work again. Also on removing the SIM, i found that the gold pins in the sim slot were broken."I checked in internet and found that there was a service centre nearby my place for SONY."



The gold tips in the sim-slot were damaged

"I rushed to the sony authorised service centre in shekharipuram, palakkad,kerala,india"
The service technician took the phone to inside and returned suddenly asking, "SIR-Evidunna vaangiche?" Translation ("SIR, from where you bought it?"). I told kuwait, and he returned the device to me saying that, service is not available for devices purchased from abroad.and they have got instructions like that.

"I showed him the international warranty card and he said, it may be a trick for their devices to sell.He even refused to service the device with payment from my side (without warranty) I returned home and was heavily disappointed because, most of the gadgets i own are of SONY purchased from kuwait..."


This incident is narrated by a true customer who was denied service, even with payment of cash.


This is a message to SONY INDIA to be nice with customers. Atleast instruct your service centres to service devices purchased from abroad with payment of cash (like what NOKIA does). If anyone faces problems like this, they can comment below,so that everyone can be aware of this problem.


Narrator
Vighnesh Aravind






comments powered by Disqus